Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11
A compact, affordable pedal packed with advanced functionality and 11 reverb styles ranging from essential to exotic.
Splash your tone with subtle ambience using classic Hall and Plate, or drench your guitar in surreal soundscapes with Shimmer and Modulation. A newly developed Spring algorithm faithfully emulates the iconic drip of vintage Fender reverb units. Unique and powerful polyphonic, dynamic, and auto-triggering reverbs inspire radical experimentation. Instantaneous control of infinite reverb unleashes a torrent of sonic possibilities for a truly unparalleled reverb experience.
The Oceans 11’s reverbs are:
1. HALL – the rich reverberant sound of a grand concert hall
2. SPRING – pays homage to the classic Fender 6G15 tube spring reverb
3. PLATE – the lush, warm reverb that got its name because a large metal plate was originally used to create it
4. REVRS – emulates the quirky reverse reverb effect where a note’s reverb fades-in backwards. (Jimmy Page claims to have invented it.)
5. ECHO – sends a recirculating echo thru the Plate reverb. The crisp clear delays get tastefully smudged by the airy plate reverb
6. TREM – reverb plus tremolo that’s applied to both the wet and dry mix of a Hall reverb, your choice of three different tremolo shapes
7. MOD – modulated reverb, three modes. Chorus laced onto the reverb tails creates a luscious atmospheric effect. Flanger wraps around the reverb tails and weaves a hypnotic tapestry. Chorus and flanger combined.
8. DYNA – Swell, gate and duck. Swell silences your notes’ attacks before blooming the tails back into the soundscape. Gate passes the reverb tail thru a noise gate that opens when it detects playing. (Phil Collins popularized the technique by applying it to drums.) Duck compresses the reverb tail while you’re playing and fades it back in when you’re resting.
9. AUTO-INF – Auto-infinite reverb that triggers a reverb wash for each note or chord. When a new one is struck, the previously resounding reverb crossfades to the new one
10. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted reverb wash that modulates and blossoms behind your signal
11. POLY – Polyphonic reverb, two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts operating on your pre-reverb signal. Combine dissonant intervals with near infinite decays to create disorienting soundtracks, or choose perfect/major intervals to generate creative harmonies when jumping around a key signature
INFINITE REVERB makes the active reverb play in the background indefinitely while granting access to a fresh, independently controllable reverb of the same type.
MODE BUTTON lets the user select up to three variations of many of its reverbs for greater variety.
SECONDARY KNOB FUNCTIONALITY allows you to take even more control over the tone of each reverb by accessing "hidden" parameters through Secondary Knob Mode. Use the secondary knob parameters to fine tune the exact tone you want, or push the OCEANS 11 into wild, unexpected sonic territory.
INTERNAL TAIL SWITCH provides a choice of whether the reverb effect fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass. In most settings the pedal is also capable of producing infinite reverb which can be played over with a fresh reverb effect complete with adjustable parameters!
11 different reverb types
Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC 200mA PSU
Dimensions (w x l x h): 2.75" x 4.5" x 2.1" (70 x 115 x 54mm)