- Professional 100-watt amplifier head with enhanced tone and exclusive features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers authentic tone and highly musical response
- Five amp characters with five variations, plus Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections with three variations in each
- Three-way Contour for shaping the overall tonal color and Global EQ switch with three settings (customizable in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Solo boost with onboard level control (dedicated delay and EQ can be applied to the Solo boost in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Integrated dual amp expansion functions for GA-FC/GA-FC EX control and true stereo effects
- BOSS Tone Studio editor software for customizing sounds with over 60 BOSS effects, pre and post EQs, dedicated Pedal FX, and more
- Series/parallel effect loop and power amp input for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs
- Shape the cabinet emulation with five onboard Air Feel settings (three presets and two settings configurable in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Download and share Livesets at BOSS Tone Exchange
- External control support via GA-FC/GA-FC EX foot controller, footswitches, expression pedal, and MIDI
- Three speaker outputs: two 16-ohm and one 8-ohm (8-ohm maximum load supported)
- Optional speaker cabinet tuned for the Katana-Artist MkII Head: Katana Cabinet 212 Waza
Powerhouse Amplification For Pro Stage Performers
The Katana-Artist MkII Head comes equipped with all the core features from its acclaimed combo sibling. Five unique amp characters and five variations provide 10 different tone options, while five simultaneous effects categories put the sound-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. And with BOSS Tone Studio, you can customize the onboard effects with over 60 different types and dive deep into internal parameters to craft your personal sound.
Loud And Proud
Command the stage with massive tones by connecting one or two external speaker cabs. The Katana Cabinet 212 Waza is perfectly tuned for the Katana-Artist MkII experience, providing the ultimate rock voice in a 2×12 configuration loaded with custom Waza speakers. Developed by BOSS, these speakers deliver the authentic response and character of the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s while boosting the power capacity to 100 watts. Cabinets can be stacked to create a clean 4×12 setup, and the versatile design features a removable panel for closed-back or open-back operation.
Deep Tone-Shaping Tools
On the front panel, you’ll find exclusive features only available with the Katana-Artist MkII models. A three-way Contour switch lets you shape the amp’s core tone, while three Global EQ settings are great for fine-tuning the overall sound for different guitars and styles. A foot-controllable, post-amp Solo boost function is also available, with a panel knob for fast adjustment plus dedicated delay and EQ that can be assigned in BOSS Tone Studio.
Integrated Dual Amp Support
Powerful expansion features make it simple to use two Katana-Artist MkII amps together. With Dual Link, you can configure each amp with independent settings and operate them from a single GA-FC or GA-FX EX foot controller. Blend clean and dirty tones, create wet/dry setups, and more. Stereo Expand lets you use one Katana-Artist MkII as the primary amp, with stereo effects like chorus, delay, and reverb distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field.
Full-Throttle Sound Every Time You Plug In
Backed by BOSS’s Tube Logic approach, the Katana-Artist MkII Head delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, our variable Power Control lets you fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. The middle setting on the Power Control dials in half power as stock, but you can adjust its value in 10-watt increments via BOSS Tone Studio to meet your performing needs.
One-Touch Recall Of Custom Setups
Onboard Tone Setting memories allow you to store your favorite amp character and effects setups for instant recall. After you’ve dialed in a sound with the panel controls, save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC/GA-FC EX foot controller.
Ready-To-Mix Direct Tones
Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs feature mic’d cabinet emulation for sending mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. Shape the direct sound with selectable Air Feel settings on the rear panel, including three presets and two custom settings that you configure in BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB audio is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of the amp’s mod, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Compact Gig Commander
The optional GA-FC and GA-FC EX foot controllers are the perfect partners for the Katana-Artist MkII Head. They connect with a single cable, require no external power, and take up minimal space. With six footswitches, you can directly recall Tone Settings and independently turn the five effects sections on/off. They also support external footswitches and expression pedals, with customization via BOSS Tone Studio. The GA-FC offers standard control, while the expanded GA-FC EX provides the ability to control two amps together, connect another unit for additional foot control, and more.
Go Deeper With BOSS Tone Studio
BOSS Tone Studio takes the Katana-Artist MkII experience even further, allowing you to customize the amp for your style and touch. Change up the factory-loaded effects, adjust effect order, dial in global EQs, customize system settings, and much more. And with Livesets, you can save favorite setups and instantly reconfigure your amp for different playing situations.